Thursday, May 24, 2007

That's Life, isn't it?

My wonderful neighbour looked after the twins this afternoon whilst I took my daughter for her driving test! What a nerve wracking experience that was - my stomach was doing somersaults along side hers - and when I had to walk away from the car to let the driving test man get in next to her, I really didn't know what to do with myself. All I can say, is 'thank goodness for vending machines!!'

I needed something to do with myself, so I bought a packet of something - can't remember what - but I opened the packet and went to sit down in the waiting room. I managed that for a very LONG minute (if that), and walked over to the other side of the room and sat again. Nope, not working! So, I paced and nibbled, and paced and nibbled some more! I can honestly say, that there really is nothing that interesting to read in the driving center - either in the booklets they leave out, or on the walls to scare the living day lights out of you! If this is what it is going to be like waiting for my first grandchild, I think I can honestly say that I am going to be a nervous wreck!

I stood anxiously watching for her exiting the car - trying to see her expression - OH WHAT RELIEF!!! She passed!! Oh no, she passed! Joy and fear all at the same time, my baby is growing up, more independence! Of course that's good, but the worry that goes with it...well, that's life, isn't it?!

No comments: